Re: [Gnash-dev] Media parsing

From: Shachar Kaufman
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Media parsing
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 19:28:44 +0200

0.8.3 was not using the MediaHandler design, right ?
Did you overload NetStream ?

Yes, I also tried doing the same with videodecoder (used to be duplicated code for non steraming media?) but gave up, netstream was what I was really after anyway.

MediaParser is a virtual class, shouldn't be too hard to overload
so to avoid the queues.

The aim has been stability and maintainability of the code, which
has had a long history of instability.

You have to include performance as a target as well. gnash is the only option for arm/mips/whatever doesn't have an adobe solution (today only x86/sparc?). This includes a ton of mobile and embedded applications, and a huge audience worldwide.