[Gnash-dev] Re: [Gnash] SWF9 format videos

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: [Gnash] SWF9 format videos
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 16:37:34 +0100

On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 03:41:18PM +0530, Sneha wrote:

> The file format for these videos shows to be SWF 9.
>
> And from the gnash debug log I observed that I did not get DEFINEVIDEOSTREAM
> tag for these videos.

Streaming sites usually load the video dinamically,
using NetStream and ActionScript.
Gnash doesn't support ActionScript3 (avm2) yet.
YouTube doesn't use ActionScript3 even if they use SWF9 for
the file format.

> Iam unable to figure out the problem. Can somebody help me in resolving this
> issue.

If you run gnash with verbosity > 0 it should tell you
what's UNIMPLEMENTED.

PS: please use gnash-dev for this kind of discussions, gnash@
    is for announcements only.

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!