Re: [Gnash-dev] 0.8.5 status, regular snapshots

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] 0.8.5 status, regular snapshots
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 09:15:56 -0700

Dmitry Marakasov wrote:

> Great! I've started to work on the port update. Btw, what sites do
> mirror it? I've found gnashdev/getgnash (which seem to be the same

  Nobody mirrors getgnash.org that I'm aware of. The official site for
release tarballs is at ftp.gnu.org. Getgnash and gnashdev.org are the
same machine. They're sitting on a 3mb ATM connection, about all one can
get here in the boonies of Colorado for connectivity...

> The only up-to-date source snapshot I've seen there is
> http://www.getgnash.org/packages/snapshots/gnash-prerelease_20090227.tar.gz
> but that's a week ago already.

  Till I get buildbot thoroughly debugged and stabilized, I've been
having to do snapshots by hand, so they don't happen every day...
Buildbot currently puts it's binary builds at
http://www.gnashdev.org/builds/, I'll see about getting it to upload
source snapshots as well. I'm still trying to get buildbot to not have
any other issues so it actually completes all the builds on it's own.
It's getting closer, just not all the way yet.

> That would be great, too bad it requires that much valuable developer
> time...

  Hopefully once I get all this setup, it'll be stable enough to not
suck up so much time... which it sure has these last few weeks. I'm a
big believer in automating builds and testing though, it's worth the
work in the long run. I just wish I could talk somebody else into doing
it all so I can get more coding done. :-)