Re: [Gnash-dev] libswscale

From: Craig Kelley
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] libswscale
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 22:01:25 -0600

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 11:49 AM, strk <address@hidden> wrote:
> Attempting a build on Ubuntu 9:
>
> ERROR: You have version 52.20.0 of ffmpeg installed,
>       with no swscale enabled.
>       This setup isn't supported!
>       Version 51.11.0 or newer is required, enabling swscale if >= 52.0.0.
>
> Installing libswscale-dev fixed it.
>
> Does sound like a bug (should suggest to do that).

libswscale is now an integral part of ffmpeg.  I'm surprised that
Ubuntu decided to package it separately from ffmpeg-dev.

It is the only part of ffmpeg that is bona-fide GPL (not LGPL)
software, so perhaps that is why they did this?

--
http://inconnu.islug.org/~ink finger address@hidden for PGP block