Re: [Gnash-dev] std::bad_cast

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] std::bad_cast
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 17:31:45 -0400

>       catch (...) // unexpected, unknown, but why not cleaning up...

The answer to the question in the comment is that it hides bugs in
implementation or in Gnash.

> i would expected that a throw will be called but instead i don't
> receive bad_cast anymore

That's surely because it's caught in (...) and not logged any more, but
still you get no abort.

You shouldn't use an ifdef here, as it applies to all platforms. Just
drop the two catches for exceptions Gnash isn't supposed to throw and
see where the bad_cast is thrown from. I imagine it's also possible to
do this with gdb without changing the code.

bwy

--
Free Flash, use Gnash
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/