Re: [Gnash-dev] Flex 3 and Gnash. What's possible?

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Flex 3 and Gnash. What's possible?
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 21:49:48 +0100

Am Montag, den 15.02.2010, 14:56 -0500 schrieb Benjamin Dixon:
> I've recently started looking into using Gnash as well as developing
> from Flex applications using FlexBuilder 3. I know Gnash has limited
> support for AS 3

You can consider Gnash to have no AS3 support. It can execute some
bytecode, but not enough to start up correctly. Moreover, as I'm
discovering ever more, the way AS2 and AS3 implementations were wrongly
mixed in Gnash from the start is makes it extremely difficult to make
any progress at all.

If you want support in Gnash, you will have to use AS2 at least for the
near future.

bwy

--
The current release of Gnash is 0.8.7