Re: [Gnash-dev] Install instructions in the wiki fail for Ubuntu Jaunty

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Install instructions in the wiki fail for Ubuntu Jaunty
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 22:07:24 -0700

On 02/16/10 21:41, John Gilmore wrote:

> which says the current release is 0.8.5.  Oops!

  Oops, now fixed.

> W: GPG error: http://www.getgnash.org ubuntu Release: The following
> signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
> available: NO_PUBKEY 50B9A110A0B6D3FE

 I haven't figured out how to make the new repository somehow put up
it's GPG key. I'm new to the whole repository administration thing, but
it seemed a good idea to make the most recent version of Gnash available
to people so they don't have to build from source.

> It was a nice try to specify "ubuntu" rather than "jaunty", but
> unfortunately our built packages seem to be specific to Ubuntu Karmic
> rather than generic to multiple Ubuntu releases.

  Right, because I only have Karmic build machines for Ubuntu. It would
be nice to support at least one distro back. I did make sure Gnash
compiled on Hardy, an LTS release. I sortof missed Jaunty. I'd need to
build up either VM images, install old versions on old hardware, or get
access on other build slaves.

  I gave up on buildbot, so these days I do it partially by hand and
just login to the build slaves. Most of the work is built into Gnash's
Makefiles, "make deb" does all the work. If anyone else wants to build
debs, I can give them upload access to the repository's incoming
directory. I'll see about adding support for multiple versions of
multiple distributions in the repository. Help from anyone that's done
this before would also be nice.