Re: [Gnash-dev] Install instructions in the wiki fail for Ubuntu Jaunty

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Install instructions in the wiki fail for Ubuntu Jaunty
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 17:37:00 -0700

On 02/24/10 14:36, Richard Wilbur wrote:

> How is your repository hosted?  Do you put files into it using FTP?
> Launchpad automatically creates a key for a Personal Package Archive

  I'm not using launchpad. :-) I've been using a utility called
"reprepro" that's been very useful. I'm also using dupload to upload the
signed binary packages.

> I have used pbuilder under Ubuntu to build binary packages from source
> packages for a particular Ubuntu release.  It does a decent job as it
> creates a chroot build environment with the build dependencies from the
> target Ubuntu release repositories.  The chroot build environment takes
> a little hard disk space to keep around (not too much as they are
> minimal to start with and also stored compressed) but updates are much
> faster than creating a new one.

  I may try pbuilder in the future, as building in a chroot is a good
idea. Right now I have package building working good, and just added
support for building multiple configurations as packages
(http://wiki.gnashdev.org/Packaging), which can all go in the repository.

  I wrote a cronjob  that checks for files uploaded by dupload, and then
it uses reprepro to add them to the repository. Right now the problem
seems to be GPG key handling. I'm having the same problem with the yum
repository, which I setup with createrepo.