[Gnash-dev] Testing API (was: ExternalInterface tests)

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Testing API (was: ExternalInterface tests)
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 15:58:41 +0200

On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 07:16:46AM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:
> On 06/04/10 07:01, strk wrote:

> > Rob, any reason not to use the check_equals() macro ?
>
>   Yes, I dislike the check API, and prefer the DejaGnu one.
> We really should use one testing API, but as both work,
> I see no reason to enforce one or the other.

Could you please say more about what you don't like about
the check API ? I said what I like about it. Will repeat it:
the 'check' API reports both success/failure both
expected/obtained results in case of failure.

In the specific case detected by Ben, if we were using check_equals
we would see as part of the failure message the results obtained with
the proprietary player, which should become what we expect.