[Gnash-dev] YouTube audio with gNewSense2.3

From: dww
Subject: [Gnash-dev] YouTube audio with gNewSense2.3
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 23:55:19 -0400

I had difficulty with my build of Gnash when I tried to view YouTube
videos.

So I did the following:

 I did a system restore of my gNewSense 2.3 OS on my laptop and reset up
all the dependencies to build Gnash as indicated by the configure step
and built the latest version of the source code.

As a result the video worked but not the audio and I got the error:

 "MediaHandlerGst::createAudioDecoder:Couldn't find a plugin for audio
 type audio/mpeg!--
 MediaHandler::createFlashAudioDecoder: no available FLASH decoders for
codec 10(Advanced Audio Coding)"

I got the audio to work by installing gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad and
ugly.

Is this a peculiarity of the gNewSense distro or should this be
documented in the Reference documentation or other explanation?

Dennis