Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash plugin is crashing with boost - format-string is

From: Praveen A
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash plugin is crashing with boost - format-string is ill-formed
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 18:11:52 +0530

2010/6/7 Rob Savoye <address@hidden>:
> On 06/07/10 07:50, Praveen A wrote:
>
>> I can do squeeze and karmic as well.
>
>  Awesome. You can also use pbuilder to build 32bit packages on a 64bit
> host, if you have enough disk space for all the chroots.

I'm getting errors when trying to build for karmic, it need dbus as a
dependency and need to connect to upstart

Setting up dbus (1.2.16-0ubuntu9) ...
Adding system user `messagebus' (UID 102) ...
Adding new group `messagebus' (GID 103) ...
Adding new user `messagebus' (UID 102) with group `messagebus' ...
Not creating home directory `/var/run/dbus'.
start: Unable to connect to Upstart: Failed to connect to socket
/com/ubuntu/upstart:
Connection refused

>  Hum, I don't have any 64bit Fedora machines, for 64bit I've only got
> Lucid. I should look at that spec file, but yeah, this kind of thing we
> should be able to handle with configure. Basically all the kde paths are
> determined by macros/kde4.m4. Down around line 145 is probably the
> problem. It uses $libslist, but does additional checks for /lib64.
> Currently it tries to use kde4-config for the right base paths.

I will have a look at this.

>  When debugging these kinds of things, the hack is to set CONFIG_SHELL
> to "sh -x" in your environment, and then run "sh -x configure
> options...". In the volumes of debug info you can see every line of the
> configure shell script get executed in great detail.

I will use these tips when troubleshooting the error.

>  For Gnash, I use "make rpm", which edits the gnash.spec template for
> the proper version of the snapshot, and then runs rpmbuild. At least for
> 32bit Fedora, this works fine.
>
>  I've been recommended to use Koji for Fedora package builds, which is
> sortof like a pbuilder for rpms.

more like debian's buildd, mock would compare more to pbuilder.

fedora provides koji service for building rpms for different archs.

Praveen
--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
(as seen on /.)