[Gnash-dev] ExternalInterface thoughts...

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Gnash-dev] ExternalInterface thoughts...
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 12:25:49 -0600

I was looking at some ways to finish up implementing ExternalInterface.
Currently this functionality is just stubs. Right now there are 3 things
left to do:

SetVariable/GetVariable
Movie Control (play, pause, stop, seek, percent loaded, is playing)
CallMethod (add, call)

My assumption is I need to get the as_environment for the MovieClip from
movie_root where the ExternalInterface is handled. Method calling can
use the Global callMethod like NetConnection does, although it needs to
be able to set or get the variables in the same environment.
I'm not so sure how to access the movie control, as much of this is
handled at the gui level. So anyway, I figured I'd open this up for
discussion...