Re: [Gnash-dev] beginBitmapFill

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] beginBitmapFill
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 19:30:18 -0600

On 08/03/10 14:07, Benjamin Wolsey wrote:
> My implementation of beginBitmapFill is finished sooner than I thought,
> complete with tests.

  Nice! And probably good timing.

> I don't know whether it should go in the release or not; it makes some
> big changes, but compiles and runs without crashing under all three
> renderers. AGG and cairo display the fills properly; ogl is laughable.

  I think for the release I'm going to drop the OpenGL renderer from the
default and the packages anyway. More long term, I'd like to replace it
with an OpenVG/OpenGLES renderer instead. Currently the OpenGL renderer
is pretty poor, and doesn't do many things correctly.

> The change to BitmapData to use a GnashImage internally cuts down the
> amount of copying backwards and forwards. There is now only one
> CachedBitmap (previously BitmapInfo) per BitmapData class.

  Sounds like it'll help performance. Since I assume you ran all the
tests, the biggest question is simply if it works on all the platforms.
As I'll be doing that for the release, we might as well put it in.

  Just as a question, have you installed it and web surfed stably with
your branch ?