Re: [Gnash-dev] Code Freeze Aug 7th

From: Adam Spragg
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Code Freeze Aug 7th
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 23:41:18 +0100

On Monday 02 Aug 2010 21:29:48 Rob Savoye wrote:
> Less
> and less sites work with Gnash everyday, and nobody cares. People just
> install the Adobe plugin, even most of our free software supporting
> friends. :-(

Just thought I'd add another voice in the "I care" crowd. I don't want any
proprietary software on my PC, *especially* the crap that Adobe (sometimes)
bothers to release for Linux/x86-64, and I'm incredibly grateful to all the
Gnash developers (and the Debian packagers - Miriam Ruiz, et al :-) for
everything that *does* work with Gnash, even if it isn't perfect.

Sorry to hear that reliable funding won't be available for further development
of Gnash, but, well, sometimes life is like that. I hope that funding does
appear from somewhere, and even if it doesn't that some minimal progress can
continue to be made, but if not, it's not *that* big a deal. Non-working flash
is not the end of the world.

Thanks for all the hard work,

Adam.