[Gnash-dev] Re: "Movie Properties" shows "VM version" but not "Root VM v

From: Petter Reinholdtsen
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: "Movie Properties" shows "VM version" but not "Root VM version"
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 18:01:25 +0200

[Rob Savoye]
> I like this idea better. There is support for a GUI to add
> callbacks, so we should be able to use this to pop up a dialog box
> on this error.

Note that my proposal was to draw it in the embedded flash window in
the browser page, not to create a popup.  A popup would force me to
close it, which would be very annoying for a page filled with embedded
flash parts and slightly annoying for packages with less flash parts.

> I'm planning on mostly focusing on patches and editing changes, this
> would be a small development task for somebody that's
> willing. Ideally it'd need to support both our GTK and KDE4 GUIs.

If done in the renderer instead, I suspect there would be less toolkit
specific code. :)

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen