[Gnash-dev] Gnash ExternalInterface check leaking memory?

From: John Gilmore
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Gnash ExternalInterface check leaking memory?
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 19:58:37 -0700

When I went to patch the select() in
ExternalInterface::ExternalEventCheck, I noticed that it allocates a
buffer with "char *buf = new char[bytes+1];", then fills buf from a
read(), then passes it to parseInvoke, But nobody ever deletes buf.

Also, parseInvoke takes a "const std::string &xml", not a char *,
so there is some kind of odd C++ conversion happening in there, which
probably shouldn't be happening.

This is the only call to parseInvoke, so perhaps its argument type
should be changed.

        John

PS:  If somebody wanted to run the frozen trunk under valgrind, I bet we
could clean up a lot of stuff like this.