Re: [Gnash-dev] Browser hang w/gnash running

From: John Gilmore
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Browser hang w/gnash running
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 03:53:37 -0700

Running the trunk gnash from a few days ago, plus my one patch to the
MediaParser loop, I went to this page:

  http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=THO+Interactive#symbol=THO;range=5y

which brings up a Flash chart.  And Firefox hung on me (in compiz it went
grey).  With the mouse in the Flash chart, the dot on the graph would
track the mouse position -- but nothing else in Firefox responded.

>From a terminal window I found the four gnash processes running, and
started killing them off.  When I got to this one (the chart), Firefox
came back to life.

There was no media in that page, so my guess is that something else in
trunk (as of a couple days ago) caused the hang.

When I reloaded the whole page with ctrl-shift-R, it seems to work
just fine.  I can't reproduce the problem.  Just letting you-all know.

        John