Re: [Gnash-dev] BSD testing

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] BSD testing
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 12:50:14 +0200

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 09:55:25PM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:
> If any BSD users out there can test the release branch, I'd appreciate
> it. I'll get around to it next week now that the release branch is
> mostly stabilized, but I'd need to upgrade my builds slaves to the most
> recent versions, which is time consuming. I know there are Gnash users
> on BSD, so this is your chance to help.
>
> git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/gnash.git
> - then
> git br release_0_8_8

At least with git version 1.6.0.2 I belive the branch command
should also specify which remote branch to track, or will be
a private branch with that name, so I had to do this:

$ git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/gnash.git
$ git branch release_0_8_8 origin/release_0_8_8
$ git branch -v # shows last commit in HEAD of each branch
* master        51a444f merge patches from bzr for media handler changes.
  release_0_8_8 7332666 use git instead of bzr as the SCC
$ git checkout release_0_8_8 # if you want to work on the release branch