Re: [Gnash-dev] how to porting gnash into Android

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] how to porting gnash into Android
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 20:12:50 -0600

On 04/24/13 19:56, 张军 wrote:

> thank much for your reply. can you share your local branches? or how
> long can we get the merge dev branches? i just want to verify the
> performance using gnash play flash in normal android device(1G
> cpu,normal gpu,512RAM), maybe i need optimize the parser or render
> part.

 You'd want to write an OpenGLES1 or OpenGLES2 renderer for Gnash to
really get the performance to be tolerable. That's probably a few months
of work. Right now I'm tracking down a GCC bug that segfaults when
converting ints to double, something Gnash does alot. Once I fix that,
then it'd be worth pushing my current Android branch up to savannah
after a little testing. Most of my changes are config & build related,
although with the right configure flags, master should build as well.