gnash

Re: [Gnash] Not Quite Installing

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Not Quite Installing
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 09:36:15 -0700

Michael Carlson wrote:

Today I downloaded gnash CVS, and did the typical autogen.sh -> configure -> make -> sudo make install. However, I can't run it because it seems "libbase.so.0" is missing. It turns out that when I make install, I get several messages on stderr relating to several files that are not installed, with messages like:

Very strange. This sounds like a bug with "make install", which is odd, as I just use the standard Automake install target, and the libraries are all defined as lib_LTLIBRARIES. It works on my system... :-(

Can you try two things for me please ? One, when you type "make install", do the libraries actually get copied to /usr/local/lib/gnash/ ? The warning from libtool is because they aren't being installed in just /usr/local/lib. Two, maybe your autotools are weird, so can you try this same step with the versions in CVS ?

Being a new project, there will surely be lumps and bumps, thanks everyone for helping find them. If using the stock configure/Makefiles doesn't work, then yeah, file a bug report if you want. I'll have to find a Debian Sid system I can test on, all my Debian systems are embedded unfortunately, as I mostly run Fedora on my desktop.

        - rob -