gnash

[Gnash] gnash added to Ark Linux, and speed issues

From: Bernhard Rosenkraenzer
Subject: [Gnash] gnash added to Ark Linux, and speed issues
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 17:06:08 +0100

Hi,
I've just added gnash to Ark Linux (http://www.arklinux.org/).

Our team was very impressed with the level of compatibility already present in
gnash, but for some reason it's running very slowly on our test box (Radeon
9600 graphics card with the r300 driver - tuxracer runs at 120 fps, so DRI is
definitely working).
Is there anything we did wrong when compiling it (e.g. do we have to turn off
debugging somewhere to get a decent speed?), or is there some feature in the
graphics driver gnash relies on that r300 can't provide, or is this a normal
thing?

Best regards,
bero