gnash

Re: [Gnash] Real and optionnal dependencies

From: Frédéric Point
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Real and optionnal dependencies
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:41:10 +0200

Hi Rob,

I saw the manual but it doesn't tell what is optionnal and what is needed. For example, i've already built gnash without png support, and it works. Meanwhile, I can't compile without libmad or openGL...

I understand that you are making choice of way to implement gnash, and, therefore, the dependencies aren't not stable. (eg: GtkGL) But this could help guys who want to integrate gnash in their distribution.

fred

2006/3/20, Rob Savoye <address@hidden>:
fred wrote:
> Is there a doc which defines exactly which libs are optionnals or not ?
> README and INSTALL aren't clear enough.

   It's in the manual. :-)
   http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/manual/gnash.html#codedepend

   This is changing over the few days while I experiment with using
GtkGl extension, so more Gtk libraries are needed. I'd have preferred to
stick to the lower level Xt API,(so to not add more dependencies) but it
turns out that to get events (and rendering) to work properly, I'm
forced to use Gtk2.

   So far this has been been good, because now things like a right-click
menu in the window ([play,pause,stop,etc...) now works. I'm also hoping
using the new OpenGL Widget simplifies the display context issue.

        - rob -