gnash

Re: [Gnash] Real and optionnal dependencies

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Real and optionnal dependencies
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 09:47:41 -0700

Frédéric Point wrote:

I saw the manual but it doesn't tell what is optionnal and what is needed. For example, i've already built gnash without png support, and it works. Meanwhile, I can't compile without libmad or openGL...

You can't build Gnash without OpenGL, but libmad should be optional. libpng should also be optional, but libjpeg is not.

I understand that you are making choice of way to implement gnash, and, therefore, the dependencies aren't not stable. (eg: GtkGL) But this could help guys who want to integrate gnash in their distribution.
Once the current pile of changes gets done (Gtk2 support in addition to SDL), the library dependencies should settle down. At that point it'll be worth updating the manual. Otherwise I get stuck updating the manual several times daily, so I'd rather just wait a tiny bit more till I get this current development effort done. It's a little slow because I have to teach myself GTK...

        - rob -