gnash

[Gnash] working plugin checked in

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Gnash] working plugin checked in
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 19:14:03 -0700

Well, your mileage may vary, but I just checked in a working version of a Firefox plugin. :-) There are likely bugs, but this was too fun to not let people play with it, even if I just got it working. I'll be stabilizing and improving this over the next few days.

This is very different from the previous versions. I'll apologize now adding more dependencies for those who want to build this from source. This version uses the GtkGLExt extension, which lets me create a GTK2 widget like the rest of Firefox, that happens to be OpenGL aware. This simplified the problems of too many graphic contexts between X11, OpenGL, and Firefox.

This version also has a menu for right clicking the mouse that lets you control the movie, stopping, advancing frames, etc... Another big difference is for now, a new window is created external to the browser. That problem will go away when I figure out why gtk_plug() isn't doing what I want...

This version uses the standalone player in a way similar to MozPLugger by forking the standalone player, which is also now GTK based. If you don't have GtkGLExt installed, it'll default to the existing SDL support, which has no event handling or menus unfortunately. (which is why I wrote a new GTK front end)

Anyway, have fun, and please don't bury me in bug reports for a few days please. :-)

        - rob -