gnash

Re: [Gnash] working plugin checked in

From: Unit3
Subject: Re: [Gnash] working plugin checked in
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 12:18:41 -0600

Rob Savoye wrote:
>   Ah... Are you using the SDK or GTK+ version of the standalone player ?

How do I tell?

Let's see... configure lists paths for SGL and not for GTK, so I assume
that answers that. Ahh yes, if I actually install the headers for the
GTKEXT stuff, configure sees it. Let's see if compiling with GTK works
better. ;)

> This will potentially make a difference. Does it work for any Flash
> movie, or does it fail for all of them ?

I haven't seen one work yet in the browser. Can you recommend the
simplest test example that's included in the CVS tree, and I'll check
that in the browser?

Testing now with the GTK-compiled version (I've got a menu in the
standalone player!), I get the same issue in the player. However, I'm
still at the site, and here's what I notice: in the debug log, the last
entry is "Started thread for Flash movie /tmp/welcome.swf", but if I
look at the process listing, I see this:

17094 ?        Sl     1:02 /usr/lib/firefox/firefox-bin -a firefox
25740 ?        Z      0:00  \_ [gnash] <defunct>

If I manually run "gnash /tmp/welcome.swf", it works fine, displays the
flash file no problem.

Also, as a side note, is there a plan to have a menu option in the GTK
version to enable antialiasing? Things are quite chunky looking without
it. :)

Graeme