gnash

Re: [Gnash] Adobe EULA

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Adobe EULA
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 20:45:45 +0100

On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 12:03:48PM -0700, Rob Savoye wrote:
> > Could anyone confirm in this is true, and which clause specifically
> > has this nasty effect?
>
>   I believe it was #8. The language is something of the "can't write a
> flash player if you agree to this" variety.

It's 2.5.1, the clause about reverse engineering.

"[Information] may not be disclosed to any third party or used to
create any software which is substantially similar to the expression
of the Software."

Do you know what happens when somebody installs the flash player and
then uninstalls it? Is that person still unable to contribute to Gnash
then?

--
Sylvain