gnash

Re: [Gnash] Adobe EULA

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Adobe EULA
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 06:10:05 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 6 Jan 2008, Sylvain Beucler wrote:

Do you know what happens when somebody installs the flash player and
then uninstalls it? Is that person still unable to contribute to Gnash
then?

Section 7 of the EULA states that only sections 7 and 8 shall surivive
termination of the agreement. Since there is no termination clause (that
I can see) in the agreement, I assume that under California contract law
the contract terminates when you stop using and uninstall the player.

So, in my view, having at some point agreed to the EULA, this won't
specifically prevent you from working on Gnash, _ever_, as long as you
terminate the EULA, which also terminates your right to use Adobe Flash.

The above does not consider the legitimacy of the reverse engineering
clause. I am not a lawyer, either.

Bastiaan