gnash

Re: [Gnash] high CPU usage and openGL rendering

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: Re: [Gnash] high CPU usage and openGL rendering
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:52:05 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008, Jorge Barreiro Gonzalez wrote:

trying to use opengl to view the flash movies. There were no warnings running
the configure script but those about tools needed to run test cases.
With this, in the flash movies I tested there were missing colors and
textures, and every flash animation used near 100% cpu.

Could you send me (some of) the flash movies you've tested?

A note about openGL, I have it configured and running. I can use beryl and 3D
games.

Very odd; I've had reports from people who successfully use the OpenGL
renderer on very low end gear (but with 3d acceleration). Which GPU is
in your machine?

Very useful for performance issues is profiling information.

Thanks for testing,

Bastiaan