gnash

Re: [Gnash] Gnash installation on Debian Wheezy HELP!

From: Gabriele Giacone
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Gnash installation on Debian Wheezy HELP!
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 12:16:06 +0100

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 9:21 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi. I am trying out Debian, version 7.1 "Wheezy". The more I use it, the
> more I hate it.
>
> This time it's about Gnash. I have understood that the provided version is
> old, so I thought to update it. After following instructions best I can,
> among other things having to guess what to write in sources.list. (No, I'm
> not careless, I'm desperate. I cloned the disk before beginning for safety's
> sake) I get the message taht it is 20-something days old and will therefore
> not be installed...
>
> It said something about "the usual provider" or something to that effect on
> your "how to download" page, I looked at the "addons" page for Iceweasel, it
> said fsf.org. There I searched for "Gnash", came to a page with this address
> and a link to http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/ where I find lots of
> incomprehensible information except how the f*** to install a later version.

Wheezy 7.1 version is old but not so different from current version.
You should though at least upgrade to 7.4 to play youtube movies.
To do that, simply switch back to default sources.list and fully
upgrade your system.

To try a newer versions on Wheezy, you might install it from
wheezy-backports repository.

http://backports.debian.org/Instructions/

--
G..e