gnats-prs

gnats/551: Re: gnats/551

From: bug-gnats
Subject: gnats/551: Re: gnats/551
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 13:15:01 -0600 (CST)

The following reply was made to PR gnats/551; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alex <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: Re: gnats/551
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 14:12:46 -0500 (EST)

 Here is a detailed description of my recent patch:

 It removes function addAuditEntryP and adds to function applyChangeActions
 in gnats/edit.c

 applyChangeActions would go through the on-change blocks (without acting
 upon add-audit-trail), and after that it would check if there was an
 add-audit-trail in any on-change block of the field, or the global one.

 Function addAuditEntryP would check for any add-audit-trail occurences
 overall. I moved those checks inside applyChangeActions so addAuditEntryP
 is no longer necessary.

 I put those checks in the loop that goes through the on-change blocks.
 This way, the on-change query-expression condition is honored, plus
 multiple add-audit-trail on the different on-change blocks are acted
 upon as expected (instead of only the 1st occurence being effective).

 Finally, I put code after the loop to handle the global on-change blocks
 (those outside of field blocks) and added the capability to use an
 audit-trail-format which was missing for the global on-change block.

 Overall the new code is smaller, since some unneeded lines were
 eliminated.

 Please review my proposed changes.

 Thanks,
 Alex