gnewsense-art

[gNewSense-art] A logo Idea!

From: Stefan Price
Subject: [gNewSense-art] A logo Idea!
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 10:55:34 +0100

After reading the digest I decided to look at the NuevoSentido themes. I liked the first one, but I think the second logo idea is falling too far away from the original theme (sorry!) after all we want people to be able to identify gNewSense easily and effectively, I believe that going too far will only lead to confusion. With this in mind I decided to take a simple approach to not loose the original Idea, but also to make identification easier. I believe the Ideas are Strong enough to not be lost by the simplification of the logo.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_XXzNAsOmKMs/Ss8A3hcgEQI/AAAAAAAAAHw/pHfm-6wUOpc/logo.png

I totally agree with the idea of an official  colour palette, the colour I have used is hex: #1a4666
Again this is as close as I could get to the original blues.

I have also contributed a link button with a new slogan "Freedom has no price" to go with the "free as in freedom"

Hope this has been helpful and I would appreciate crits of my work!!

thanks!

essp

--
SliPstate