Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: gNewSense/MIPS netboot installer available

From: Laurent GUERBY
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: gNewSense/MIPS netboot installer available
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 13:58:39 +0100

On Wed, 2009-02-25 at 12:27 +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 11:42:35PM +0100, Laurent GUERBY wrote:
> > Robert Millan wrote:
> > <<
> > http://aybabtu.com/rmh/gnewsense-mips/netboot/
> > Instructions:
> >
> >   - Put vmlinux and initrd.gz in a USB image (in the example I used ext2)
> > >>

> > Thanks to samgee help on IRC I was able to launch the installer
> > from my USB key (replacing the "address at hidden" on the
> > web archive by the correct "ext2 at usb0" (repace " at " by "@").
> > I used guided partitioning / use entire disk but then the partitioner
> > complained there was no ext2 partition for boot.
> >
> > What should  do?
>
> Use manual partitioning, with ext2 or ext3.  Ignore those warnings, they're
> harmless.

Ok since going manual I choosed to partition the free space left
in the original configuration. The installer warned me that
booting from an extended partition might not work.

On reboot I tried :

load /dev/fs/ext2Xwd0c/boot/vmlinux-2.6.27.1-yeeloong

(s/X/@/g)

but it said "Undefined error: 0".

What boot command should I use?

Is PMON able to list the partitions and list the content
of a subdirectory on a partition?

Thanks in advance,

Laurent