Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: gNewSense/MIPS netboot installer available

From: Laurent GUERBY
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: gNewSense/MIPS netboot installer available
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:52:55 +0100

On Wed, 2009-02-25 at 13:58 +0100, Laurent GUERBY wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-02-25 at 12:27 +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 11:42:35PM +0100, Laurent GUERBY wrote:
> > > Robert Millan wrote:
> > > <<
> > > http://aybabtu.com/rmh/gnewsense-mips/netboot/
> > > Instructions:
> > >
> > >   - Put vmlinux and initrd.gz in a USB image (in the example I used ext2)
> > > >>

> > > Thanks to samgee help on IRC I was able to launch the installer
> > > from my USB key (replacing the "address at hidden" on the
> > > web archive by the correct "ext2 at usb0" (repace " at " by "@").
> > > I used guided partitioning / use entire disk but then the partitioner
> > > complained there was no ext2 partition for boot.
> > >
> > > What should  do?
> >
> > Use manual partitioning, with ext2 or ext3.  Ignore those warnings, they're
> > harmless.
>
> Ok since going manual I choosed to partition the free space left
> in the original configuration. The installer warned me that
> booting from an extended partition might not work.
>
> On reboot I tried :
>
> load /dev/fs/ext2Xwd0c/boot/vmlinux-2.6.27.1-yeeloong
>
> (s/X/@/g)
>
> but it said "Undefined error: 0".
>
> What boot command should I use?
>
> Is PMON able to list the partitions and list the content
> of a subdirectory on a partition?

After poking around I found out that "dir" can do it:

dir (wd0,0)/boot
dir (wd0,4)/boot

Then I booted with:

load (wd0,4)/boot/vmlinux-2.6.27.1-libre-medan
g console=tty no_auto_cmd root=/dev/hda5

I did not try X but console worked which is enough for me.

Then I went to try to install libc6-dev but it failed:

gcc51:~# apt-get install libc6-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

  libc6-dev: Depends: linux-libc-dev but it is not installable
E: Broken packages

My (unmodified) /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://aybabtu.com/rmh/gnewsense/pruned-upstream lenny main
deb http://aybabtu.com/rmh/gnewsense/overlay lenny main