[Gnewsense-dev] Re: Promotion of gNewSense mips-l

From: John Sullivan
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: Promotion of gNewSense mips-l
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 11:18:38 -0400

address@hidden writes:

> Hi,
>
> We have a major event "Solutions Linux" ( http://solutionslinux.fr/ ) sheduled
> from 31/03/2009 to 02/04/2009 in Paris.
>
> This could be a possible occasion to spread the word about the projects
> endorsed
> by the FSF and, among others, about our gNewSense mips-l project.
>
> Does the FSF has recommendations related to the publicity around its actions?

Do you know someone who will have a table there that would be willing to
hand out some materials about FSF campaigns and membership?

One thing that should be mentioned at this event are the issues with its
name -- correcting the errors of referring to the operating system as
Linux instead of GNU/Linux and of referring to all free software work as
open source. This could be done by handing out some copies of
appropriate articles from http://gnu.org/philosophy.

> Could we link to an information page on the FSF site about the gNewSense
> project?

For gNewSense I think just linking to gnewsense.org would be best. Danny
can maybe point to a place about the mips project in particular. I'm not
sure if there are any good French-translated pages about gNewSense, but
if not maybe this would be a good occasion to get that done, or to
improve them.

We are also working now on some suggestions for improving gnewsense.org
to make it more informative/obvious for people who want to help the
project. I'll try to ping you about the result of that discussion, but
directing people to the How You Can Help page on gnewsense.org would be
good.

Pointing to http://fsf.org/campaigns/priority.html would also be good.

Thanks,
--