Re: [Gnewsense-dev] DeltaH CD 2.2 gNewSense Release

From: Eus
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] DeltaH CD 2.2 gNewSense Release
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 22:22:22 +0700

On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 00:45 -0500, Luis A. Guzman Garcia wrote:
> El mié, 15-04-2009 a las 23:32 +0930, Karl Goetz escribió:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > The gNewSense project is pleased to announce version 2.2 of its 100%
> > FSF Free GNU/Linux distribution. This is the second point update to the
> > release codenamed 'deltah'.
> >
> > This release was made 2009-04-15, and contains all security updates
> > made to the archive up to and including 2009-04-14.
> >
> > This release introduces GLX back into the default install. This enables
> > hardware accelaration by default, meaning Compiz and 3D games will work
> > once again.

I'm really glad to have it back again as free software :-)

> > As with 2.1, gNewSense 2.2 is available as a live cd for x86 (i386)
> > systems, using GNOME as the default desktop environment (others such as
> > XFCE or KDE are available post installation).
> >
> > Download links:
> > Live CD:
> > http://cdimage.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-livecd-deltah-i386-2.2.iso
> > Source tarball:
> > http://cdimage.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-cdsource-deltah-i386-2.2.tar
> > Torrent:
> > http://cdimage.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-livecd-deltah-i386-2.2.iso.torrent
> >

> > Short list of changes (full list available via SVN log):
> > gNewSense:
> > - Installer now supports two more filesystems
> > - GLX re-introduced
> > - changed description of -updates and -backports in "Software Sources"
> > - use linux-image-generic instead of linux-image-386
> > - lsb_release output corrected
> > - GNU Icecat repo available via Software Sources
> >
> > Builder:
> > - Substantial code restructuring
> > - CD isos have had their naming format changed
> > - Usplash packaging cleaned up, helping portability
> > - Contents-$ARCH.gz files are generated
> >
> > - Website:
> > To coincide with this release, a new skin has been applied; we hope you
> > like it.

Yes, the new skin is great!
Thanks for your hard work Sirgazil, Graziano, and Karl! :-)

> > As always, we're in #gnewsense on irc://chat.freenode.net.
> > More details about gNewSense can be found at http://www.gnewsense.org
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Karl Goetz, on behalf of the gNewSense dev, art and web teams.
> >
> > PS.
> > On a personal note, I'd like to ask you not to find major regressions
> > in my first release.
> > :P
> >

> Great news!!!!
> My god after 12 hours and no comment about it?

I just noticed this yesterday evening and my Internet connection was
down. Now I'm downloading it via torrent.

> Any way that's terrific news happy hacking and congratulations to all
> behind this release. :)

Yup, I congratulate all of the contributors as well! Way to go,
guys! :-)

--
Best regards,
Eus (FSF member #4445)

In this digital era, where computing technology is pervasive, your
freedom depends on the software controlling those computing devices.

Join free software movement today! It is free as in freedom, not as in
free beer!

Join: http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=4445