Re: [Gnewsense-dev] N32 Firefox 3.5 beta4 is working

From: Zhang Le
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] N32 Firefox 3.5 beta4 is working
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 17:14:00 +0800

On 10:24 Mon 04 May     , Graziano Sorbaioli wrote:
> Zhang Le ha scritto:
> > http://r0bertz.blogspot.com/2009/05/mips-n32-firefox-35-beta4.html
>
> On gNewSense mips-l we chose to remove Debian IceWeasel as we did for
> Mozilla Firefox on gNewSense i386 because both suggest the installation
> of non free plugins.
>
> Right now I believe someone is trying to compile GNU IceCat on mips but
> there were some problems with it.
>
> You suggested a Mozilla patch to solve the problem and Danny answered
> something I can't remember. :)

AFAIK, both Iceweasel and Icecat are forks of Firefox. Firefox is the upstream.
Shouldn't we post patches to upstream?

I am afraid the notation "Mozilla patch" does not make much sense, as the patch
should just apply to Iceweasal and Icecat as well.

I understand that gnewsense strives to produce a 100% free distro. But the patch
I provided has nothing to do with those "non free plugins".

And FYI, in xulrunner 1.9.1, the O32 patch is already included in upstream. If
you think that's what you don't want, you could just go ahead to strip it out.
And find someone else to write a patch which REALLY has nothing to do with those
"non free plugins".

Thanks.

--
Zhang, Le