Re: [Gnewsense-dev] N32 Firefox 3.5 beta4 is working

From: Zhang Le
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] N32 Firefox 3.5 beta4 is working
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 18:12:18 +0800

On 11:42 Mon 04 May     , Graziano Sorbaioli wrote:
> Zhang Le ha scritto:
>
> > AFAIK, both Iceweasel and Icecat are forks of Firefox. Firefox is the
> > upstream.
> > Shouldn't we post patches to upstream?
> >
> > I am afraid the notation "Mozilla patch" does not make much sense, as the
> > patch
> > should just apply to Iceweasal and Icecat as well.
> >
> > I understand that gnewsense strives to produce a 100% free distro. But the
> > patch
> > I provided has nothing to do with those "non free plugins".
> >
> > And FYI, in xulrunner 1.9.1, the O32 patch is already included in upstream.
> > If
> > you think that's what you don't want, you could just go ahead to strip it
> > out.
> > And find someone else to write a patch which REALLY has nothing to do with
> > those
> > "non free plugins".
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> Please I think you misunderstood my email.
>
> I really appreciate your work, don't take me wrong.
> You were talking about a mips firefox so I just informed the list about
> the reasons why we removed it and iceweasel from gNewSense.

I know the relationship between firefox/iceweasel/icecat.
I am a long time GNU/Linux user. Maybe not longer than many of you, but long
enough to know the relationship between firefox/iceweasel/icecat. And I assume
everyone here knows this, and everyone here knows others knows this. Apparently,
I made a wrong assumption.

What I was trying to say is:
Hey, guys, I made a patch for firefox (or iceweasel, or icecat, depending on
your interpretation). If you run into problems like this, please try my patch.

> I also used your email to make the point of the situation about GNU
> IceCat and gNewSense mips-l.
>
> I agree that is good to send pachtes upstream and gNewSense developers
> always try to do that for what I know.
>
> Please apologize me if you felt offended by my previous email and keep
> on the great work.

Thank's ok. And I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

--
Zhang, Le
Gentoo/Loongson Developer