[Gnewsense-dev] Non-free Kernel Image in Repository

From: David Couzelis
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Non-free Kernel Image in Repository
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 13:47:13 -0700 (PDT)

I apologize for "double posting" here and on the gNewSense forum, but
I just want to make sure a developer knew about my question. It is in regards
to finding a version of the Linux kernel in the gNewSense repositories that has
non-free software.

I posted my question and answers here:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/ForumMain/QuestionAboutTheRadeonDriverUpdate

I'm very confused because I think these two packages contain non-free
software:

http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense/pool/main/l/linux/linux-image-2.6.24-24-386_2.6.24-24.61_i386.deb

http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense/pool/main/l/linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24/linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24-24-386_2.6.24-24.41_i386.deb

I think they are "Ubuntu" versions of the Linux kernel and modules,
not "gNewSense" versions. They were automatically installed on my
computer when I did a software update. Are these packages supposed to be in the
gNewSense repositories?

Thank you!
Dave