Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Non-free Kernel Image in Repository

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Non-free Kernel Image in Repository
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 22:06:40 +1030

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 13:47:13 -0700 (PDT)
David Couzelis <address@hidden> wrote:

> I apologize for &quot;double posting&quot; here and on the gNewSense
> forum, but I just want to make sure a developer knew about my
> question. It is in regards to finding a version of the Linux kernel
> in the gNewSense repositories that has non-free software.

No problem, I don't think any devs look in the forum, so here is a
better place to ask.

> http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense/pool/main/l/linux/linux-image-2.6.24-24-386_2.6.24-24.61_i386.deb
>
> http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense/pool/main/l/linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24/linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24-24-386_2.6.24-24.41_i386.deb
>
> I think they are &quot;Ubuntu&quot; versions of the Linux kernel and
> modules, not &quot;gNewSense&quot; versions. They were automatically
> installed on my computer when I did a software update. Are these
> packages supposed to be in the gNewSense repositories?

Probably not. Thanks for bringing them to our attention!
If you would, filing a bug will help us track this problem.
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
http://www.kgoetz.id.au