Re: [Gnewsense-dev] 2.6.31.6 kernel feedback

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] 2.6.31.6 kernel feedback
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 21:29:43 +0100

Frederique W. Piccart schreef:
Compared to the previous kernel that had been put up a week or two ago,
nothing much changed for me, wireless got worse.

It seems, regardless if you press Fn + F5 at boot or not, that radio will
always be off at the beginning. Shortly after this there is a 40 - 50
second DHCP timeout procedure, which afterwards, the kernel will enable
wireless, but doesn't bother to connect to the Internet.

Wifi isn't working at all for me with 2.6.31.6. lsmod shows rtl8187b instead of r8187. No amount of pressing Fn+F5 activates the LED nor a wifi connection. dmesg shows this a few times:

rtl8187: rtl8187_open process failed because radio off