Re: [Gnewsense-dev] mesa 7.0.3 rc2 - some files licenses

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] mesa 7.0.3 rc2 - some files licenses
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 19:48:49 +0100

Robert Millan schreef:
On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 07:04:43PM +0000, Marco Oliva wrote:
http://bugs.gnewsense.org/Bugs/00365

His newest copyright assertion dates from 1998.  His mail is from 2002.
The license in headers needs updating with a quote from Mark's email.
Just reopen the bug in Debian so they update the file and clarify this.

Even without the clarification, I believe debian/copyright (which is what
we point users to for licensing information) has the right license (please
check).

The Debian bug report was about the glut package, and its debian/copyright file was updated with the "Yes, that's fine" statement. Our bug report is about the mesa package, which at first glance seems to contain much of the same code. However, its debian/copyright doesn't contain the statement. It just says "Mark's license" for the GLUT part.

Anyway, I've sent an email to address@hidden about it.