Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Bad defaults cause bad bug

From: Paul O'Malley - gnu's not unix -
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Bad defaults cause bad bug
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 07:22:20 +0000

aurele wrote:
A possible way for audacity and other sound register ...

For sure it's not a mathematical response, but I give you the solution
I've found because I already have this trouble of strange noise when I
record "directly" with audacity in concert or live session with music
instrument.

So I use a Sony MD player/recorder or a special music record external
hard drive to record concert session, and after I record from the
support to audacity.

I don't understand why, (the quality compression why not) but the noise
desapear and the record is good.

Are you using an external mic?
If not you will pick up hardware noise.
Sadly an external mic and headset are a requirement 90% of the time if you want reasonable quality with any laptop recording.

That other 10% is just luck. ;-)

P.