Re: [Gnewsense-dev] network-manager 0.7 backport repository for metad mi

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] network-manager 0.7 backport repository for metad mipsel (yeeloong)
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 17:47:08 +0100

Sam Geeraerts schreef:
Danny Clark schreef:
Will probably be in main repo soon, but some more testing couldn't hurt.

Tried it with kernel 2.6.31.6-libre1. When I boot and log in everything is peachy: it connects with wired interface OK and when I unplug that I'm immediately connected to wifi. However, if I log out and back in again it's not so good. It takes a while for the applet to appear and when it does it doesn't connect to anything. If I click it it takes more then 30 s to show the list of networks (I can move the mouse but GNOME doesn't respond during this time). When the list finally pops up it has no connections in it. Right-click menu also takes a long time to pop up. When I reboot, everything's fine again.

Just so the list knows: I tried again with 2.6.32.1-libre-lemote and that works fine as far as I can see.