Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Debderive

From: Stayvoid
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Debderive
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 21:09:51 +0300

> You're on the right track. The class needs a purge_list. Some hints:
>
> - in _purge_purge_lists you should loop over the supplementary suites;
I've got stuck again. I need more information.

Should it loop over dist.suppl_suites?
What should it do with those? Could you provide an example in pseudocode?

Could you show me the output of _do2? I've read some docs on
subprocess, but it's unclear to me.

What is the purpose of ($Source (==iceweasel), $Version (%
*gnewsense*)) (_purge_purge_lists function)? This syntax looks
strange. I suppose it has something to do with the execution of
reprepro, but I'm not sure.

> # TODO: add pocket name for supplementary suites (short term).
> # TODO: give each suite its own description (long term).
> # TODO: replace this function with _do2, i.e. use subprocess instead of
> # os.system.
Could you comment on these TODOs?
What is the "pocket name"?
What does "description" mean?
Should I replace every _do call with _do2 or it will be enough to
replace os.system with subprocess in _do?

Cheers