Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Debderiver: purging

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Debderiver: purging
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 22:22:21 +0100

Stayvoid wrote:
According to your pseudocode example, it should be something like this:

                for suppl_suite in dist.suppl_suites:
                    command = ['-T', 'dsc', 'listfilter', dist.codename,
                               '($Source (==' + suppl_suite.codename +
                               '), $Version (% *' + self._op_sys.name.lower() +
                               '*))']

But I'm not sure.
The whole picture is missing from me. I understand the small parts,
but I can't make them work together.

Could you split this task to several subtasks?

This task does one thing, so I don't see how I could split it up. To write the necessary code it's essential to know what the reprepro commands do and what their syntax is. As a subtask you could write a patch with just comments for each of the Python statements in that code region to explain their purpose. Include examples of variable contents, shell commands and output where appropriate.

If you haven't yet played with reprepro, be sure to run some of the commands debderiver uses straigt from the shell. It's silly to work on an abstraction of a tool if you have no experience with the tool itself.