Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Parkes alpha 1

From: Marek Buras
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Parkes alpha 1
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 16:43:40 +0100

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 07:49:26PM +0530, r. siddharth wrote:
> I am not sure whether it is a bug or something that has to do with
> my system configuration.
>
> What information should I provide to track down this problem?
>
> I thank you.

What kind of connection do you have? What kind of modem it is?
Output of those commands: route -n, ifconfig your_iface may be useful
(after first boot, when the connection should be up but it's not).
I think you should check if you can reach your gateway and primary/secondary
DNS servers (listed in /etc/resolv.conf) too. Maybe there are some error
messages in /var/log/dmesg related to your modem?

Happy hacking!
--
Marek Buras
cyfr0n (at) go2.pl