Re: [Gnewsense-dev] r8169 module is disabled

From: Marek Buras
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] r8169 module is disabled
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 10:05:40 +0100

Dnia 2013-02-23, sob o godzinie 22:57 +0100, Sam Geeraerts pisze:

> When I pushed the new version to the repo I found that the orig tarball
> there was wrong. So I uploaded the right one, but reprepro complained
> that it already had this file. I'll use some more persuasion to make
> reprepro see things my way. :)

The source code is available, thanks! However, while looking at the
config file (debian/config/config) inside the "orig tarball" I found
that support for VLANs is disabled for RTL8169 based cards. Were there
any problems while you were compiling it? I'm not sure about the
stability of this feature (I used it only few times) but I can't find
anything in r8169.c which may cause problems and it compiled fine on my
box and then worked well. Is it possible to enable it? I think it may be
useful for the users (you know, ethn:m [$n,m \in N$] interfaces with
different IP addresses).

Happy hacking!