Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Ubuntu 8.04 EOL

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Ubuntu 8.04 EOL
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 15:07:22 +0200

Op Sun, 12 May 2013 21:35:05 +1000
schreef Andrew Roffey <address@hidden>:

> FYI:
>
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-security-announce/2013-May/002106.html
>
> > This is a follow-up to the End of Life warning sent last month to
> > confirm that as of today (May 9, 2013), Ubuntu 8.04 is no longer
> > supported.  No more package updates will be accepted to 8.04, and it
> > will be archived to old-releases.ubuntu.com in the coming weeks.

I noticed. My goal was to reach the 3.0 release milestone (the live CD)
before this happened. My current live CD image works, but the graphical
installer only works as far as the partitioner.

In any case, I want to announce a beta release in the upcoming week,
either with or without a fully working live CD. The final release
should happen a week or two after that, barring any reports of huge
problems.