Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Hello gNewSense Community!

From: gNewSense Live user
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Hello gNewSense Community!
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 05:10:10 +0800

On Mon, 2013-09-23 at 10:17 +0800, gNewSense Live user wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-09-23 at 00:02 +0200, Sam Geeraerts wrote:
> > Op Sat, 21 Sep 2013 13:45:32 +0000
> > schreef gNewSense Live user <address@hidden>:
> >
> > > I am River Chiang. I'd like to join you to develop the Builder
> > > scripts.
> >
> > Welcome.
> >
> > Builder is no longer used for the current stable release, so
> > it's obsolescent for us. But it's an interesting piece of software and
> > I'll be happy to answer questions if you plan to use it or hack on it
> > for your own purposes.

> Thank you very much.
>
> One of the builder scripts I am interested in is
> http://cdimage.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-live-config-3.0-i386-gnome.tar.gz.
> I'll read it and ask you if I don't understand the scripts.
>
> Best regards,
> River

I've found at lease two problems when using the Live DVD builder
configurations [1] to build gNewSense 3.0 Parkes i386 Live DVD.

Problem 1:

  Live-build of Parkes depends syslinux-theme-galaxia but
syslinux-theme-galaxia is not in the dependency list of live-build
currently.

Problem 2:

  Live-build of Parkes lacks a link from parkes to squeeze
in /usr/share/live/build/data/debian-cd/ directory.

My temporary solution 1:

  a) Install syslinux-theme-galaxia manually.
  b) Create a symbolic link from parkes to squeeze
in /usr/share/live/build/data/debian-cd/ manually.

My temporary solution 2:

  Insert the following lines to source/debian-live/auto/build of the
Live DVD builder configurations [1], before
the line of "lb build". Then I can build the ISO image successfully.

# Start of the inserted lines

echo "Creating a symbolic link from parkes to squeeze
in /usr/share/live/build/data/debian-cd/."
cd /usr/share/live/build/data/debian-cd
ln -sv squeeze parkes
cd $OLDPWD

echo "Installing syslinux-theme-galaxia"
aptitude install syslinux-theme-galaxia

# End of the inserted lines

The above is just a workaround. Eventually I'll try to modify live-build
package and live-build's source package to fix these problems.

[1]
http://cdimage.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-live-config-3.0-i386-gnome.tar.gz