Re: [Gnewsense-dev] [gnewsense-dev] Greek Translation

From: Felipe López
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] [gnewsense-dev] Greek Translation
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 18:52:40 -0500

2014-02-05 Sofia <address@hidden>:
Hello,

I would like to contribute on the translation team.

Hello, Sofia, and welcomed :)

I am Greek and I am wondering if you need help translating e.g. the website in Greek.

Yes, that would be great.

I am new in the Free Software/ GNU communities but I have constant support from friends in technical matters I am not very familiar with.

So, I have read the community guidelines and I became a member of the dev mailing list.

If you need my help I would like to know if and how I can be a member of the website's editor's group and how should I start on Savannah.

OK, so I see you've read the process of Becoming a contributor [1]. I assume you created an account on the website. Now, to add yourself to the Editor Group, you just go to the EditorGroup page [2], click on the "Edit (Text)" option and add your user name to the list.

Once you follow the steps above, you can start creating and editing pages in the website. Also note that the gNewSense website uses MoinMoin, which is a wiki system. To edit any page in the website you will have to get familiar with using MoinMoin wiki syntax. There's documentation in the website for that [3].

Greek is not available yet in the Translations widget, which is located below the "More actions:" drop-down in any page in the website. To add it to the list, we need you to provide us with translations for the following text:
  • Greek
  • Download
  • Documentation
  • Support
  • Development
  • Translations
This translations will be added to the website theme [4], and then a gNewSense system administrator will update the website, so that Greek people can see the main menu in their language and find the "Greek" language in the translation widget.

Let's do the above first, and next I'll tell you how you can start translating specific pages in the website.

Best,

[1] http://www.gnewsense.org/Processes/BecomingAContributor
[2] http://www.gnewsense.org/EditorGroup
[3] http://www.gnewsense.org/HelpContents